Now, more than ever, employers face increasing challenges and obligations in managing their workforce. Whether a simple disagreement between employees or a serious legal claim, managing and resolving employee problems is a daunting task.
Work Matters is the resource to help employers avoid unnecessary claims, promote positive employee relations, resolve disputes before they escalate, educate management, and act as a backstop for in-house HR departments.
Christine Farrell focuses her consulting practice on resolving people problems by acting as a third party neutral in facilitating conflict resolution, investigating workplace misconduct, and training managers and Human Resource professionals to ensure compliance and consistent employment practices.
Christine’s clients, ranging from large to small employers and from non-profits to media giants, benefit from her real world experience as she customizes her services to best meet the needs and culture of each organization. Christine holds a Master of Business degree from Pepperdine University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at Santa Barbara.
When you need a skilled and experienced investigator …
· Neutral fact-finding
· Prompt, thorough, complete, objective
· Sensitive approach – comfortable for employees
When you need a neutral third party or are just stretched too thin …
· Employee Concerns Helpline
· A confidential non-threatening resource for employees
· Assistance with disciplinary matters
· Drafting documents
· Conducting/witnessing disciplinary meetings
· Assistance with difficult terminations or layoffs
· Responding to agency charges and unemployment insurance claims
When you need an objective assessment of an employment claim …
· Document examination
· Assessment of adequacy of company investigation or policy application
· Deposition and court testimony
When you need an in-house program to address employee concerns …
· Programs customized to company culture
· Multi-Step processes
· Ombudsman, Peer Review, Open Door
Whether you need a policy update or a brand new Handbook ….
· Research current law and best practices
· Write/revise/update policies as needed
· Style tailored to company culture